Plumbing and Heating System Inspection Before You Leave For The Holidays
28 November 2018
If your family is going to spend the holidays with family or friends out-of-town, make sure to have your heating system checked before you leave the house for an extended time.
Spending money on costly heating or plumbing repairs is not a fun way to start the holiday season. Do yourself and your home a favor and prevent issues that can arise to spoil your holiday vacation.
Here are things you might want to check days prior your departure:
- Heating system inspection must be done. Replace furnace filter when necessary.
- Check the heat ex-changer for rust and cracks. Replace it when you suspect a break or damage.
- Inspect venting system for any leaks, holes and blockages. Ensure all the heating vents are open and not blocked.
- Make sure to cover even the tiniest hole you can spot inside your home. Insulate around any water pipes that are situated in the inner side of exterior walls. Frozen pipes can wreak havoc to a home and can cost homeowners a fortune for the damage.
- Use drain pans for washers, water heaters and safety valves
- You should know where the water meter shut off are settled and ensure they are functioning well by turning them on and off on several occasions in a year.
Contact Central Plumbing and Heating Inc. for a thorough heating and plumbing check-up.
< Go Back to Main Blog